This week’s show takes in in-depth look at Israel through two different lenses: The potential regional impact of the Israeli raid on the ‘Freedom Flotilla’ and the history of the conflict as it is learned by and presented to Americans in general, and American Jews in particular. Our guests are Doug Macgregor and Steven Feldman
Some of the News Headlines mentioned on the air:
- Bradblog, BP Reports Hundreds of Thousands of Pounds of Toxic Emissions at Deadly Texas City Refinery
- BP losing the Twitter wars
- Bush Administration Experimented on Detainees In Order To Rewrite Torture Guidelines Via Truthout
- Elton John Sings at Rush Limbaugh’s 4th Wedding, he was paid $1 million dollars
- How George Bush, Joe Barton, Dick Cheney and Tom DeLay Caused the Gulf Oil Spill and Made Sure BP Will Never Be Held Accountable – the Center for American Progress has connected the dots
- Where Helen Thomas’ 57-year career is tossed under the bus alongside her apology–UPDATED
Doug Macgregor on ‘Israel and the New Middle East’
Colonel Douglas A. Macgregor (Retired) served 28 years on active duty in the U.S. Army, beginning as a cadet at West Point. He began to write and innovate new formations and organizations so the entire U.S. Army could benefit from the Battle of 73 Easting. Over the years however, a thorough examination of this epic battle from an insider’s perspective had not been written as the “safe” official account and video, along with some brief write-ups did not cover the geostrategic consequences and the importance of the battle for future defense understanding so sound decisions could be made. The disaster that has followed in Iraq ever since, has made it an urgent matter that he write Warrior’s Rage to set the record straight. His article, ‘Israel and the New Middle East’ is set to be published this week.
Steven Feldman on a ‘Jewish American’s Evolving View of Israel’
Dr. Steven R. Feldman is a professor of dermatology, pathology, and public health sciences at the Wake Forest University School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He was born in Washington, DC, and attended grade school at the Hebrew Academy of Washington, a school that his grandfather helped to found. His family was active in the orthodox Beth Shalom Synagogue where Feldman attended services and had his bar mitzvah.